Monday, January 14, 2013

Working 9 to 5 Trying to Make a Living..

Friday finally made it here! I am pretty sure that last week was the longest week EVER! After a few weeks off and a few short weeks here and there 5 days in a row of work sure can feel like an eternity! The kids went back to school so it was business as usual in the Wiatrek/Galloway house. The work days can be very monotonous at times. Sitting at a desk working away on the computer, sprinkled with the occasional meeting and lunch with co-workers. This week was spent closing one year and goal setting for the next. Sometimes it makes me day-dream about what I could be doing instead. Where would I be if I didn't have to be here? What job would I have if money was no issue? Would I work if I won the lottery?! Phone rings, email chimes, back to the real world working 9-5 or 8-5 or if your salary as in my case you work when you have to.

We can look at it as our lot in life to have to work. Always wishing and wanting to get out of the rat race. However, I remember a time not too long ago when our very own company was laying people off left and right and I spent many nights praying to be spared. Definitely makes me grateful that I was a survivor. You see sometimes we don't know what we have until it is gone, or even threatened.

Today's Blessing: I am blessed to have a job at company that while not perfect and not always exciting, has invested in me as an employee and as a person. On top of that, I am blessed to have met many friends and even my husband at that same company!

No comments:

Post a Comment