Postdate 1-13-13
Sunday is one of my absolute favorite days of the week. Sunday's are for rest, but also for worship. I love this small town with a church on every corner, there are no excuses for not finding some place to enjoy fellowship and worship at your comfort level. Not to mention we live in a country were we are free to worship as we choose. What an amazing gift! This Sunday was no different except I was baptized! I can see the faces of my readers now and I know what you are thinking..."Baptized! Weren't you already baptized?!" And the answer is yes, but... Have I got your attention now!
Here is my story as I see it: As an infant, I was not able to make the commitment to live as a Christian and grow my relationship with Christ. However, my parents publicly accepted that responsibility on my behalf through baptism. As a middle-schooler I went through confirmation where I deepened my understanding of Christ and His expectation of me. As a result of this new found knowledge, I publicly reconfirmed the commitment my parents made to continue on my spiritual journey. As an adult, I have gained an even deeper understanding of the role Christ plays in our lives. Through Sunday sermons and Bible studies, I am learning more of the instructions God left for us. More importantly though is the deeper relationship I have come to grow with Christ. Through the continued understanding of the Bible, through worship, with fellowship and through trials and tribulations in my own life, I am understanding more every day the role Christ plays in MY life. I understand that without the knowledge of His saving grace not only through His word, but in action in my own life there would be nothing worth living for. In a desire to publicly demonstrate my excitement of this deeper relationship, I wanted to publicly demonstrate my own commitment to continue on my journey. Hence the reason for my baptism. You see, I don't necessarily believe that what I received in the past didn't work or wasn't right (as some might believe), it is simply something that was laid on my heart and I answered the call. What an amazing experience to share with my church family and my own family!
Today's Blessing: A relationship with Christ that is there when we are ready to accept and grow it. The luxury of living in a country where we are free to grow that relationship in a way of our choosing.



No comments:
Post a Comment