We have those things in life that we have to decide to keep or throw out. Like say those pants that fit a little snug, but you just know that you will be able to wear them again! Or that broken coffee mug that is useless, but holds so much sentimental value. We also have those people in our lives that we face making the same decision over. You know the ones that have been in your life forever and though you have outgrown each other you feel compelled to hang on too. Or the ones that constantly disappoint, disobey and disrespect you, but you continue to hold out hope they will change. Today's Social Media has made it easy to simply "clean up" your friend list and delete those people who we deem to be bringing us down. We no longer have to face them, confront them or "deal" with them, they are simply people on a list.
Having such a love and faith in people, I find it difficult to to know when to hold 'em and know when to fold 'em. Wasn't it God himself that said 7 x 70?! (Mathew 18:22). Believe me when I tell you that this doesn't mean I find it easy to turn the other cheek. Nor do I enjoy being constantly lied to, argued with or made to look like a fool. It's hard to imagine allowing someone to continuously take advantage of my forgiveness. But then I have to remind myself that I am far from perfect and if not for His grace I would not have eternity with Him to look forward too. So I continue to hold 'em and keep the faith that He keeps in me. There is no guarantee that those people will ever change their ways so I have to realize the only control I have is to change my attitude.
Today's Blessing: I have been blessed with many people in my life, some good and some bad, some still remain in my life and others are long gone, but all have been given as a lesson in love and grace.
No comments:
Post a Comment